Saturday 10 April 2010

GLORIOUS APRIL WEATHER

So, our first guest have now gone home, and super guests they were too (they were the guests who brought beautiful flowers for me last week remember?).  We arrived down in Daisy Cottage last night to find they had left the house beautifully clean and tidy, stripped all the beds, took all the bedding and towels down to the utility area and even had the first batch of washing done.  A+ guests!

This morning, Saturday the 10th of April 2010, we wakened to sunshine and blue skies and I got my husband to put up the pretty temperature gage I bought last week ~ it's so pretty, made of creamy clay with lovely sunflowers in relief. 


Hot, hot, hot April in Donegal, Ireland

The garden faces south which is perfect to enjoy days such as today and the wall of the back of the house is the perfect place for my new temperature gage.  After the temperature gage was in place for a while, I checked it and was amazed to find the temperature had risen to 33 c (91.4 f).  Donegal weather is mad ~ two weeks ago we had snow and today we have almost tropical temperatures.  In fact on our way down last night I noticed snow still lying on some of our higher hills and mountains.

Let's hope that this is the start of a glorious summer in Donegal!

No comments: