Friday 25 April 2008

Tomorrow is Dresser Day!

So tomorrow I get the chance to go to a car boot sale again! Remember I told about the dresser two weeks ago here: http://daisycottagedonegal.blogspot.com/2008/04/old-addiction-reborn.html ? Well, tomorrow is two weeks since that last visit to the car boot and I hope to be there nice and early. Of course to see the dresser, and the sideboard which the lady assured me was very old. To quote her: 'It's coming from a woman who never parted with a thing in her life - and she's 75!'. But dressers and sideboards aside, the dishes ... and glasses ... they are calling to me - and there's still 24 hours to go until I get loose on the goodies!

Himself is being very good about the trip to the car boot tomorrow, mainly I suspect because he wants to get peace to watch his beloved Chelsea play tomorrow afternoon. Not that I mind watching the odd Chelsea match, especially if the devine Didier Drogba is playing.

But back to my car boot day out - even though I am saying 'no more dishes' 'no more glass stuff' I know for a fact that I will be employing my 'glass radar' to seek and find any bits that I just couldn't do without. It really is an addiction in the full meaning of the word. From dictionary.references.com:

"Addiction: the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma."

Yes, I definately would have severe trauma if I ceased to be able to search the dish/glass stalls when at a car boot sale.

I wonder what other finds I will have tomorrow?

No comments: